Friday, April 14, 2017

Macadamia Nut-Basil Pesto Pizzaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

 Well then, this post will be few in words with a lot of pictures. The way you like it and the way I like my books. Jk,jk.

Here's a little recipe I threw together trying my best to mimic the amazing Kahuku Farm's Macadamia Nut-Basil Pesto Pizza. There is no comparing anything I do to what they can do over at Kahuku Farms. An incredible vegetarian place with a menu you can't resist. Next time you're on O'ahu's North Shore, look them up. This recipe looks and sounds a bit whack, but even my husband agrees that it is amazing. 

There are two ways you can prepare the bread: 
1) frying the bread in a drizzle of olive oil on a skillet or pan, or
2) setting your oven to 350 degrees, drizzle olive oil on the pan and on top of the bread and baking it until it is crispy

Ingredients:

For your crust you can use any bread you want. I believe they use panini (is that how you spell it?) but I use ciabatta. Mmmm.

Egg plant
Tomatoes
Parmesan cheese, grated



Pesto:
1 C fresh basil
3 TBSP macadamia nuts
3 TBSP grated Parmesan cheese
3 cloves garlic
4 TBSP olive oil

To make the pesto simply stick all the ingredients in a blender.



Drizzle olive oil over the bread before baking/frying. Today I did the baking method but I think I'll be sticking to the pan frying method from now on.














Slice your eggplant and tomato about 1/4" thick and, using a little olive oil, cook that in your skillet or pan. (if you like your tomatoes to be a little more fresh tasting you can skip frying the tomato)

Spread the pesto over the bread. Lay the cooked eggplant over the bread with the tomato on top. sprinkle more Parmesan cheese over the top and if you've got leftover pesto, throw that sucker on top for more garlicy goodness.  





Enjoy!

Do me a favor and leave a comment telling me your favorite meal or foods and I'll see if I can come up with a recipe...or find one for you. ha.  


No comments:

Post a Comment