Friday, April 14, 2017

Well, Well, Well

So here's the sitch. It's been about, oh, THREE YEARS since I came on this blog thing. Trust me, I've got a whole slew of excuses that I can give you but I won't. I lie, I will. Dad got sick and his cancer had stopped responding to the chemo. The kids and I were able to fly home and spend his last couple of weeks with him and the family. It was a very humbling experience. Very humble. Without going into much more detail, he passed on December 23, 2014. We had a beautiful funeral service for a beautiful man whom I miss every day. We flew home early January and I had knee surgery in Feb. Then there was rehab for the grade 4 arthritis ridden, meniscus missing, old lady status knee. It lasted for a few months. Come January I had re-injured my back and had started seeing a chiropractor. Not long afterwards did I find out we were expecting babe #4. Our beautiful baby came three months ago. Throughout this process the hubster was in his final year at ASU and working evenings. Here we are, August 2016. I've started training my two amazing, scholarship seeking, high school soccer players again. Being on the pitch has been amazing. I feel at home. And I can honestly say that this was the first time that I've actually written down all of that. I guess it's safe to say that it's been a very emotional and life changing type of three years/

But enough of that. Like my favorite character, Jacqueline from Ever After would say, "I'm only here for the food." So my husband has been on this crazy "healthy food" kick. I was cool with it. But then again, I just had half a bagel and it's 10 p.m. Protein. His little health kick inspired me to read a book written by Adelle Davis. As soon as I opened the book she was like, "Hello?" What I took from this book was that one of the most important things we can give our body is protein. I'm not telling you what you should eat. I'm telling you what has been working for us.

I've decided to start trying to throw stuff together. Yeah, I've been looking up recipes and tweaking them. But I got brave and finally know what spices I like and am a little more comfortable throwing together what I like. So here it is. Salmon. Mmmmm.






I don't know what to call it. Just say Krisha's Salmon. Boom. You're welcome.





The random ingredients:
Coconut oil
Dried chili peppers
Chopped garlic (missing from the pic)
Lime juice
Pepper
Ground paprika
Panchpuran (Indian 5 spice)
Ground Coriander
Ground Cumin




 Like I said, I threw it together as I went so there isn't really any measurements. Explore your inner chef.

No comments:

Post a Comment